Sunday, May 30, 2010

Duracell DPP-600HD Powerpack Great for jumping my car

In the cold winters of Minnesota, I've had a couple dead batteries - so I ordered this unit in hopes that it would do the trick. I've already used it this winter a couple times (same car until I was able to replace the battery). Even though there wasn't a bit of response when trying to start the car on its own, hooked up to this unit, it started every time.

I ordered this unit, as I thought the other features might come in handy. They really don't. But, that's not a fault of the unit, I just overbought for what I needed! I have no need to for an AM/FM radio on my battery jumper, however, the light is a great addition. Another feature that like is that the unit has "overcharge protection." That means, you can just leave the unit plugged in all the time and don't have to worry about it overcharging. That way, it's always ready to go right when you need it.

I give the product 4 stars because of 2 issues I have:
1) The connection where the jumper cables plug into the side of the unit is miserable. My hand hurt for an hour after working to get the cable plugged into the unit. I understand that you need a good connection, but it is WAY too tight. Getting the cable out from the unit was equally painful.

2) The cables are way too short. Either you have to set the unit directly on the car or have someone hold the unit and stand right next to the battery. I literally had to use a ladder to set the unit on while I jump-started the car.

Outside of those two issues, this did just what I was looking for it to do. When shopping for one of these, truly evaluate your needs. No sense in over-buying like I did! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment