Thursday, June 10, 2010

Duracell DPP-600HD Powerpack Useful!

I bought this item almost 2 years ago and have no complaints. It is still going strong.

When I went camping at Bonnaroo, I had this battery in the tent with me. After 4 days of keeping my cell phone and rechargeable lantern charged, plus a few charges to the cell phones of visitors, it still showed 20% remaining. Having AC and DC outlets on a camping trip is great, especially when I saw others try to charge their stuff off their car and kill their battery.

I have also jump started a few cars with this. Again, it worked great.

My only complaint is that I wish the built in light were LED based. It is silly to have an incandescent sucking power out of the battery when an LED would have used so much less power. However, on a battery this big, even the inefficient bulb will last quite a while. I just use other LED based flashlights/lanterns and charge them off this battery and avoid the built in light. I isn't really a significant issue.

I should also probably note that it is quite heavy. Not enough that moving it around is a problem, but you're not going to want to carry this (for example, on a hike from your car to your tent) if we're talking any further than 1 minute or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment